Thursday, November 12, 2009

Underwear Under There

Disclosure: If you're not a Mom or a Grandma, this will be in no way interesting to you.

The boys are potty training and doing remarkably well! We started Friday. (Oh yeah, so it was that weekend we got Wyatt, which is the previous blog... Craziness, for sure, but Lord totally worked it out that way. It was great motivation for Luke and Ben to see Wy and talk about him being littler and wearing a diaper n stuff.) I've been telling people for a couple months that I think the boys are pretty ready for Potty Training but that it was overwhelming to me. Thursday they woke-up with dry diaps AGAIN, then ASKED to go potty and then a little later raided their dresser, found underwear and asked for "undies on pwease". I looked up, "Alright, Lord, I get it." We sat down on my bed and had a little chat about what it meant to wear underwear. I asked them if that sounded good to them and they were thrilled to strip off that big-o clothe diaper and slip on some briefs. FREEDOM!
*they really do generally wear pants, but with PT no pant is a little easier=)
I'm putting them in undies for naps and at night. The first few days they'd wet as they were kinda waking up. Russ and I talked about it and He thought it would be better on everyone to do diapers at night. He didn't want it to start stressing the babies out or wearing me out with the clean up n stuff. So we decided Monday night to do diapers for bedtime. We talked to the boys about it. Luke started balling, then Ben started crying. "No diaper, pwease Mama!" Oh my goodness, it was the most precious thing. So we've just been doing undies and they are really getting the hang of it! They've had three nights in a row and three naps in a row, dry as a bone. Great job big guys!
As I've tried to pump myself up for this over the past few months, I thought I'd have to schedule a week or more to be at home, training. (This was a GREAT excuse to not do it.) Come to find out, that is absolutely not what my guys need. We've got to mix it up, keep it interesting. The boys don't want go in the bathroom every 30min. It's like depressing. hahaha. I have done everything like normal, maybe even more. Out and about and they love it.

Today we went to the doughnut shop and rode the carousel by the market, the doughnut shop again =), the park, Daddy's office,and had a picnic, all before nap. I put their potty chairs in the back of the van and they think its a crack-up!

And oh my, how the Lord has given me patience and energy. I am honestly blown away. Thank you, God! I love that I'm in a place in my life where I get to blog about PT. How blessed am I that I get TWO babies to love and teach and care for and learn from. What a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job, boys!!! Thank you, Lord, for giving Grace everything she needed for successful PT...with twins!!! So exciting!!! --Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks, jen! it IS so exciting! all these milestones are just flying bye=( =)

    ReplyDelete