Friday, October 23, 2009

A Day In The Life

Rise and shine! It's a new day! My goodness I have been so mixed-up on my days this week. Glad it's Friday and we get Russ for two full days. The boys have been so homesick for him this week.
We're having friends over this evening and we're excited about it!
We started working on dinner right away. Potato soup in the crock. The boys were such helpers!

Luke and Ben love helping in the kitchen. And I like it too.

Luke kept saying, "Mama! This so fun!". I like that.

After breakfast they loaded up their backpacks and went off to "work" on their bikes.

Luke was showing me his loot.

As the day went on it got a little toasty. hehehe. They are best buds.

Maybe old news for you but, CARMEL CORN, welcome to my world! Fun to make. Such a delicious treat and pretty too.
I chose a recipe that used marshmallow thinking the little guys would be able to eat it better. It didn't get crunchy like normal carmel corn. I really like it. But some people didn't like the consistency.

Here's is recipe:
Pop 1/2 c kernels on the stove. (I like white the best.)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
9 large marshmallows
Melt these in a sauce pan over medium heat until mallows are all melted and incorporated.
Then pour over pop corn and mix. Mmm you should try it too.=)

So we go to have the Shinn's over for dinner and party time!
Here's Luke and Koda playing with the "Buddies".
It is so fun to have TWO sets of twin boys playing together. It was wrestle mania!
PTL no major breakdowns. By the grace of God!
Fun day with the family. Thanks for coming over Shinn's! We love you!









2 comments:

  1. ohhh..so happy you posted your popcorn recipe. I was telling old pop about it and he really hopes to try some. Your recipe would be perfect for him since it's easier to chew. I LOVED it! I adore the shirtless pic of those two little boys! And the cooking pics!!! Wow, they were really helping! Great job, Mom! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks for the word g! i'll definitely make a little batch for ol' pop. i was going to bake him some snicker doodles real quick for our visit today, but maybe i'll do the carmel corn instead. hmmm. love you mommy!

    ReplyDelete